Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Litter, litter everywhere

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Patroller Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 10:13:25
What on earth has happened to the remaining green spaces, playgrounds, parks etc in Angmering? Most are full of fag ends, empty bottles, cans, crisp/sweet wrappers and dog poo. The playgrounds are full of weeds, dirt and leaf debris. When was the last tine the playground in Parsons Close was ever swept? The verges are full of weeds, the hedges haven't been trimmed properly since ISS were relieved of their contract. The grass (what there is, is rarely cut). One of the maintenance staff spends most of her time on her mobile phone. APC are responsible for maintaining all these areas of discontent and yet, they prefer to spend our taxes on a BMX track costing £32,000!! thus creating even more litter, vandalism and anti-social behaviour. Do the councillors even care or are they so besotted with their own little projects that the welfare and well being of the parishioners is totally disregarded?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Patroller Posted - 27 Aug 2014 : 11:10:08
I've only got little legs!
BFA Posted - 26 Aug 2014 : 23:18:44
quote:
Originally posted by Patroller

What on earth has happened to the remaining green spaces, playgrounds, parks etc in Angmering?

So far you've only covered Bramley Green - early days I suppose?

Patroller Posted - 26 Aug 2014 : 16:03:28
Dream on Luckyduck! Even if AIB were invited to advise again (their input was recently ignored thus lots of planting of vinca on Nursery
Road in the heat of summer which then died because of non watering) it would seem apparent that the residents will not maintain it satisfactorily or one would think that they would have watered the plants outside their own front doors! I did notice APC staff consulting with a contractor the other day discussing what to do about the verges in BG so hopefully everything will be dug up and the verges will be regrassed (new word!) and then maintained properly and regularly. Never thought I would ask for ISS to be reinstated! Tihey mayhave spent a lot of time drinking tea and reading the paper but they did have BG looking nice!
luckyduck Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 16:58:29
Would be really nice, as Angmering in Bloom seem to know what plants to plant to make a great show, that their expertise has not been used by APC to put appropriate planting down Nursery Road. The right planting would save constant weeding, make a great show, and MIGHT make other people take pride in their area.
rogp Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 16:42:06
Very good point about the In Bloomers weeding and tidying Nursery Rd Neil, many people may have thought that they haven't been seen in the Village Centre as judging day has passed, actually they have spent FOUR Wednesday mornings at Nursery Rd . They have been offered some nice cups of tea by nearby residents but am sure they would also welcome a bit of a hand from anybody with some spare time on a Wednesday morning.
Patroller Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 11:35:54
The APC have continually been asked to provide additional litter bins/dog bins etc in the area but have steadfastly refused. presumably they haven't got any money left now! I notice the outline of the proposed BMX track in Mayflower Pk has been strimmed. Is work starting soon? Shame they haven't done the other bunds some of which have all sorts of things imbedded in them. The pathways near the A259 are full of extruding brambles. APC were asked why they were never tended to to which they responded "keeps the travellers away". Me thinks the travellers have more appealing places to invade now. Still, any domestic rabbits or turtles etc have an excess of dandelions in Rowan Way to munch on so they should be happy little bunnies/turtles. Liza: good on you for picking up the litter. Bet more residents would too if there was a bin nearby to put the stuff in!
neil Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 11:32:39
Probably the reason why the verges/beds at BG look generally OK is that the Angmering In Bloom team intervened and weeded many of them on a number of Wednesdays in the last month, even though it was not their responsibility
hairspray Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 10:44:12
To be honest I took a look at the village when I left nursery rd to go out on Tuesday and all I saw looked fine to me . Yes there is the odd bit of rubbish about , but Nursery Rd looks fine to me . It is not a private estate and The verges look ok , in fact the best they have looked for ages . If I saw rubbish I pick it up , rather than moan continually about it !!
lizh Posted - 21 Aug 2014 : 10:00:51
to be honest most of the verges on BG are a mess of weeds. I guess the plan to plant bushes was to stop people parking on verges, but weeds are just popping out from underneath.
neil Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 09:56:56
Has anybody seen any plans or specifications for the proposed BMX track? What would we be getting for this £32,000 which we are going to invest for the benefit of the youth of Angmering and the wider district? What are APC's proposals and budget for maintenance and clearing the additional litter that will inevitably come with the new facility?

Am I being unreasonable or anti-APC in asking these questions?

I will happily upload the plans on behalf of APC as a link to the Forums if they will let me have them.
westsussexbluenose Posted - 20 Aug 2014 : 08:45:27
quote:
Originally posted by Patroller

What on earth has happened to the remaining green spaces, playgrounds, parks etc in Angmering? Most are full of fag ends, empty bottles, cans, crisp/sweet wrappers and dog poo. The playgrounds are full of weeds, dirt and leaf debris. When was the last tine the playground in Parsons Close was ever swept? The verges are full of weeds, the hedges haven't been trimmed properly since ISS were relieved of their contract. The grass (what there is, is rarely cut). One of the maintenance staff spends most of her time on her mobile phone. APC are responsible for maintaining all these areas of discontent and yet, they prefer to spend our taxes on a BMX track costing £32,000!! thus creating even more litter, vandalism and anti-social behaviour. Do the councillors even care or are they so besotted with their own little projects that the welfare and well being of the parishioners is totally disregarded?

I raised exactly the same point re BMX track and the absurd waste of money this is in two posts dated 16th & 17th July in the "Parish Council Forum" thread (if I was savy I would know how to give a link to this!) - APC are still silent on this, which speaks volumes in an ironic way. I could have posted in the questions for APC, but given the response to my last question regarding why they were not in attendance at the last meet the builders session at the rugby club I feel I would be wasting my time.
That £32000 could go a long way to funding the upkeep of Angmering for everyone, rather than pandering to a very very small minority.
neil Posted - 18 Aug 2014 : 22:11:02
It was just a question, Patroller. It was just the way that Crazypaving worded his/her reply. I know that several other people have thought the same as me. Re-read Crazypaving's response to roosterbri's posting which was in response to yours and you will see what I mean. It is my responsibility to ensure that people do not have multiple Usernames on these Forums.
Patroller Posted - 18 Aug 2014 : 20:02:18
Luckyduck - you are so right. Neil: I am not the same person as crazypaving and object strongly to the implication. But.... I agree totally with what Crazypaving says/has said in these forums with regard to what is going on in the village/APC so feel free to tar me with the same brush. The village IS a disgrace and that is down to the ineptitude and self absorbion of the current APC.
luckyduck Posted - 18 Aug 2014 : 16:44:38
Perhaps if the verges and road side flower beds were better kept, then people would take more care - Nursery Road is a disgrace to the village - down to someone in the council agreeing to totally daft planting, and other roads in the north of the village where people insist on parking on what were originally nice green verge - down to villagers, but are now mud/dust baths, shows how little care people have for their surroundings. Angmering in bloom try to make the village look nice, but when the majority are totally uncaring, we will never have people taking pride in the village. It requires a total change of outlook from everybody.
lizh Posted - 18 Aug 2014 : 16:07:32
I have to agree. I picked up 3 drinks bottles and half eaten tub of pasta salad in the park near the community centre last week and walk about 2 metres to put it in the bin. It astonishes me how lazy some people can be.
neil Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 22:20:29
Crazypaving / Patroller, these postings suggest that you are one and the same person. Is this correct?
Crazypaving Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 20:32:15
No, Roosterbri but I'm on the lookout!
roosterbri Posted - 17 Aug 2014 : 12:13:25
Wow..don't hold back Patroller...did not happen to see any dinosaurs that have escaped from the jungle at the bottom of Dappers Lane did you??

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000