Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Angmering - The Good Points

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
compost Posted - 18 Oct 2008 : 21:28:21
We are fortunate that we have a site like this were we are free to express our views on a range of issues that affect our village. However, most topics turn in to all negative points or personal attacks on others with a differing view or because they may belong to the PC.
So, why not have a forum for the good points of the village and local area.
It could be that a particular part of the countryside has a special view, a random act of kindness shown by someone, good old fashioned customer service, maybe your road has a real community spirit, is there a local garden that brightens your day as you go by.
I am sure we all have something to add to this topic.
Mine is Highdown hill by the chalk pit, looking around at the countryside and the sweeping views out to sea.

Over to you.......................
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
neil Posted - 23 Dec 2014 : 09:45:26
The new Christmas lights in the lime trees on the Green have been well installed, look attractive, and give out more light - an improvement on previous ones. Together with the lights now working on the Christmas tree, the Green is a brighter and more welcoming area in the centre of our village.
Lulu Posted - 04 Aug 2014 : 01:19:22
Thanks. I'll check it out.
rogp Posted - 03 Aug 2014 : 21:04:21
Derek and Neil, thanks for your kind comments about Angmering In Bloom, thats my wife and the merry band of in bloomers you are talking about!! I am obviously biased but I think they do a great job particularly as there is only 7 of of them......

Lulu, FYI in bloom website may be worth a look www.angmeringinbloom.co.uk includes pics of the village and the work that has been done.
Lulu Posted - 03 Aug 2014 : 18:20:34
Will there be any new photos of the village in bloom put on the site? I'd love to see them!!
derekdainton Posted - 03 Aug 2014 : 14:22:16
Perhaps if the Parish Council was more proactive in its communication there would be less criticism. Much of it stems from lack of information as to what Parish Council is doing. The solution may be in their hands.

That said, to balance the good/bad news, I would echo Neil's comments about Angmering in Bloom. Never has the village centre looked so good and all credit to those who have worked tirelessly to make it so.

Hopefully, as on Remembrarnce Sunday, we have a good turnout for the WW1 commemoration tomorrow. The viilage is good at supporting these occasions.
BFA Posted - 02 Aug 2014 : 23:50:49
Link?
neil Posted - 02 Aug 2014 : 23:42:05
..... and the usual Forum-bashing!
BFA Posted - 02 Aug 2014 : 23:31:12
There's loads of positive/good points but it's a sad fact that this forum has evolved in to a generally negative place that is not the place to share them, it's generally a place to have a dig, warranted/justified or otherwise, at our councils - for example..

quote:
Originally posted by neil

Only this Wednesday were at Bramley Green weeding the overgrown flower beds lining Nursery Road because none of our Councils will do it.

and for another example http://www.angmeringvillage.co.uk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1496

Nobody actually wished anyone else a happy new year - instant council-bashing.

It's boring.

The village isn't.

Lulu Posted - 01 Aug 2014 : 19:35:42
Thanks, Neil. I'm still around, just hiding my bushel! LOL
neil Posted - 01 Aug 2014 : 18:47:17
Nice to hear from you again, Lulu. I wondered what had happened to you!
Lulu Posted - 01 Aug 2014 : 18:32:08
I guess I'd be considered a "lurker" as I live on the other side of the world, but still read the forum almost every day! I have to say that I think a very good point about Angmering, is the people who live there! So many of you are so involved in the goings on of the village, and from my perspective, I think it's wonderful. Over here, we tend to be a little apathetic. Head in the sand, and all that. Lots of grumbling, but not much action. I commend the villagers of Angmering!
neil Posted - 01 Aug 2014 : 17:13:40
It's a shame that nobody has thought there are any good points worth reporting about Angmering since April 2013. There must still be some positive aspects about the village.

What about the Angmering In Bloom team? What a fantastic job they did leading up to the competition judging. But they keep going the whole year. Only this Wednesday were at Bramley Green weeding the overgrown flower beds lining Nursery Road because none of our Councils will do it. Well done AIB!

What about some more good points?
Atomius Posted - 20 Apr 2013 : 14:49:11
I grew up in Australia, yes. I had to move here as I was residing at youth accommodation in Wollongong and my neighbour (who smoked cannabis and drank and had loud parties and had knives) eventually got so affected by his schizophrenia that the police were called in, but they released him and so I had to come here.

I was born in Adelaide and lived for a while in Sydney. My grandfather was born in Angmering and has lived all his life there. I first visited the village in 2000.
Mr Growser Posted - 19 Apr 2013 : 15:51:45
Sound like an Aussie?
Atomius Posted - 19 Apr 2013 : 15:47:16
No worries.

neil Posted - 19 Apr 2013 : 14:55:15
Welcome to the Forum Atomius and thank you for your kind comments about the website.
Atomius Posted - 19 Apr 2013 : 13:48:14
The best thing about the village is the website. Few villages are lucky enough to have such a dedicated website, as my family history research has demonstrated to me time and time again.

The excellent history centre and forum and general information at the website is quite a lucky thing for any village to have.

Speaking of the place in general I would echo the view above regarding Highdown and the overpass in that direction. Highdown is one of the greatest natural assets in the area. The proximity to the Downs would also rank as a high positive point.

Being not very good with people myself I naturally chose things related not to people, however in general the village is of a more pleasant nature than Littlehampton and the other areas in the coastal conurbation to the south.
patty Posted - 08 Dec 2011 : 21:50:20
Angmering has to be the best village.

The Christmas night was so well supported by the villagers last night and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

A magical night for many, including myself.

Hope it stays like this for ever.

angmeringpaul Posted - 13 Jul 2011 : 23:18:14
So true Nigel.
I remember when I first looked around to move down to the area the local paper headline was about a "phantom litterbug".

Lets hope it stays that way.
Nigel Posted - 13 Jul 2011 : 23:10:09
Isn't it nice to live in a village where the main concern seems to be a drop kerb.
BFA Posted - 06 Apr 2011 : 00:29:55
Thanks for that Compost (the cheque's in the post)!

Make yourself known next time you're in and I'll give you the VIP workshop tour!
compost Posted - 04 Apr 2011 : 18:16:16
Good Points - seems this thread has dried up lately - with all the doom and gloom out there, surely we can find something that has made us happy/cheerful.
Not one to want to use this site for advertising, but will say I ventured in to Angmering Frames and Stiching (hopefully got the name right) for the first time the other day - what a fantastic shop - really made me feel happy, may sound strange but it was like an alladins cave of everything. Staff were friendly, and i could have spent hours just looking at each aisle. As an 18 stone 6 foot 2 shabby dressed bloke may have got some strange looks !! 1 other shop locally has the same ambience Stacy's in Rustington. 2 shops local to us all that feel like shops should.
compost Posted - 10 Oct 2010 : 16:52:40
October 10th and we are basking in great sunshine, how happy does that make us feel. Still harvesting lots of crops from the allotment, had a great weekend with the grandkids. Had a lovely walk in Angmering/patching woods. Happy page, good points could have put this anywhere. What a great place to live.
GreenFields Posted - 10 Aug 2009 : 20:48:56
The Village Fair next to the Church which took place on the 1st August. It was really good to attend and my kids love going to these local community events. Well done to all involved.
Pansy Posted - 23 Jul 2009 : 19:44:53
There's an excellent art exhibition in St. Margaret's Church until 4.p.m. on Friday so time is short if you want to see what some of your talented neighbours have been able to achieve in such a short space of time!
NickR60 Posted - 19 Jul 2009 : 10:27:00
I thought that too Compost until I woke up this morning to find cars littered everywhere! Forgot it was racefor life...
compost Posted - 19 Jul 2009 : 10:13:27
Living on a 600 plus house estate - but still able to sit in the garden and enjoy the peace and quiet.
gary Posted - 22 Jan 2009 : 20:22:55
Personally I think the village is great...good pubs & friendly people...mostly...one or two prats but you get them anywhere..
skippy2107 Posted - 25 Dec 2008 : 18:56:44
Hope everyone had an excellent day. My 18 month old enjoyed herself [88]
compost Posted - 25 Dec 2008 : 13:54:56
This morning
compost Posted - 08 Dec 2008 : 16:42:53
Looking forward to Wednesday evening - it is great to see that the village wants to celebrate as one. It will be my first chance to attend - so see you all there.
neil Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 20:49:52
patty Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 20:48:00
One of the very good points of this village are the people.
In particular, a certain person that runs this website, known to all as Neil.
He gives to this village more than many people know and is quite an amazing man.

Did many/any of you know that for the last year at least he has been donating postcards of the village that he has had made at his own expense, which we have been selling for 40p and putting the money directly into the Chestnut Tree jar?
I currently have over £200 to send to them and will let you have the totals when I do them over the next couple of days.

He supports all of the village events tirelessly.

He helps with posters, advertising etc for village events.

He provides us with a wonderful history of the village that is constantly being added to and is quick to offer help to anyone researching anything to do with the village.

He is actually one of the most genuine people I have ever met.

I know he wll be embarrassed about this but couldn't help it,
without him, this village would be a very dull place and all the organisations would have a lot harder job.

Thank you Neil.[8~2][xo]
and Mrs. Neil, because as the saying goes: behind every good man etc etc. so cheers to you as well.[8~2][8~2][xo]
webcore Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 17:26:20
How very philosophical of you Bram....Here's another one for you "Don't cut a hedge with your mouth open".Discuss.........

Webcore
BRAM Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 13:04:50
Webcore
I think all subscribers to the Forum agree that Angmering is a beautiful village & enjoy living here. However if "people vent their frustration at things.." it is only because they want to preserve the village's attractiveness & quality of life. As to whether "they have no control over things" that presupposes that democracy no longer exists in this country & we must accept our lot regardless. Remember that "all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men (or women) to do nothing"
webcore Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 12:35:10
I agree....Angmering is a beautiful village with many good points which can often get overlooked.I think we are all extremely lucky to live in this area.

It's a shame many people use this site to vent there frustration at things they cannot have any control over....
joefallon Posted - 11 Nov 2008 : 18:45:12
Angmering Manor Hotel..... Agree totally with the sentiments of Hairspray & Bert. My wife and I stayed there end of last year for a week whilst waiting to complete on our house purchase in the village.
Excellent accomodation & food with friendly management and staff - a nice way to experience the village before moving in permantly.
We've been back a number of times since for Sunday lunch etc. and have always enjoyed the experience - visiting guests are usually very impressed !
I think it's important to support a quality venue like this in the village whenever possible.
Bert Posted - 04 Nov 2008 : 19:27:22
I agree with Hairspray, Angmering Manor (in the High Street) is very good. The food, lunch and evening, is quality rather that quantity and we have found the service excellent, all at sensible prices.

We were not impressed when it initially opened, but since the new restaurant and the current Chef/managers came in, it has been excellent.
hairspray Posted - 04 Nov 2008 : 17:39:18
Angmering Manor Hotel...Its my birthday today and was surprised by my sisters and hubby with a ladies that lunch /spa day there.What a fanatastic hotel!!! lovely location , the village of course!!
The food was superb, the spa facilities although small were lovely.The staff were superb in every way and the cost was so reasonable. So a very happy lady today to live in lovely Angmering.
macca Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 10:37:51
st nicholas gardens

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000