Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering Village Life Website - Forum
 Searching for old topics/postings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
neil Posted - 02 May 2007 : 09:49:06
A question raised by Lulu recently, and remarks made by other people have made in the past, made me think that perhaps a number of users of these Forums are unaware of some of the facilities available. Here are a couple:

(1) Physically searching through each Forum and its topics
Some people may only see a limited number of past topics. This is because a time limitation on the topics/postings that can be seen on their own monitors may have been selected. This can be changed by selecting a different configuration from the drop-down box at the right-hand side of each Forum. You can select to show postings in the last few days, last month, last quarter, last year or all postings, etc.

(2) Use of the Forums' Search Engine
This can be found at the top right-hand side of this page. You can enter any word(s) in the search box and that will return the topics where those words have appeared. This will show topics of say, a year ago, even though your individual Forums may have been configured to show only postings within the last month. Search engines do have their limitations. Try typing the word Aerial in the search box without changing any other variables and you will have a pretty good idea what to expect. Then try typing in Aerial Views to see the difference.

Hope this helps.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lulu Posted - 02 May 2007 : 14:45:25
Thank you Neil!! I'm going to copy this out and save it. People like me who have REALLY bad memories, need a little help! LOL

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000