Angmering Forums
Angmering Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Specifically Angmering (Category)
 Angmering General - Forum
 Co-op

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
derekdainton Posted - 09 Jan 2015 : 14:29:49
Have had occasion before to warn of overcharging at Co-op. Problem seems to be variance between shelf and till prices. Reached zenith this week with one item charged £7.62 instead of £5.99.

Happens regularly so check your till receipts! And don't expect an apology, just a shrug of the shoulders.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
derekdainton Posted - 23 Sep 2015 : 16:54:15
Co-op really excelled themselves today. Variance of £3.56 on bottle of wine between shelf and till price. Refund obtained but no apology!

Check those till receipts. It's happening too often.
derekdainton Posted - 19 Jan 2015 : 08:26:57
A record. £14.97 on shelf, £19.96 on till!

Response: The till read one barcode twice! Clever till.
neil Posted - 18 Jan 2015 : 14:23:40
We have also experienced problems on two occasions where the till price has been higher than the shelf price.

Additionally, we purchased two small carded cup whisks which were priced on the shelf (without barcode) but, at the till, the item could not be recognised from the item barcode and there was no trace of it on their computerised till system. The assistant said that it was necessary to put the item through somehow and, to get over the problem, scanned the code on a bar of chocolate that was about £1 cheaper than the whisks!

Not very satisfactory! How on earth can they control stock levels.
jammer Posted - 18 Jan 2015 : 13:57:44
Haven't posted on here for a while but just had to chip in to this.
Got overcharged for about the 3rd time in a few weeks today.

1st Time I got charged for a bottle of wine that I didn't even have in my basket.

2nd Time I got overcharged for some beer , It wasn't even on offer, just complete disparity between the till prices and those on the shelf.

Today (OK I admit its not a lot) but I was overcharged 25p for something which when I pointed it out to the shop assistant,was rewarded with a raised eyebrow and the question :

"What...... do you want that 25p then?"

When on principle I said:

"Yes I do actually"

I was rewarded with a further raised eyebrow and a theatrical call to the supervisor to get my 25p which was quite embarrassing.

I know its not a lot but the principle at stake is massive, if they are doing this regularly they need to be pulled up on it.

Mentioned it to my kids later and they tell me that they are regularly overcharged for things, but being young they don't often have the nerve to speak up.

I could not believe it.

I would like to know just how rife this is at this particular Co Op?

Angmering Forums © Neil Rogers-Davis, 2006 - present Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000